(Photo by Robert Giroux/Getty Images)
If you are a discerning traveler accustomed to being pampered, pride yourself on elegance and the finer things in life or, consider ‘luxury’ your middle name, then one of these top 5-star hotels may just become your temporary home on your next trip to Vancouver, British Columbia.
The city’s charm is evident in many hotels in the area but a handful seem to stand above the rest when it comes to the intuitive interpretation of their quests needs and preferences. All are award winning, offer the finest dining and luxurious home-away-from-home amenities. The attention to detail in their perks is what elevates their status among competing accommodations. When you know you deserve the best you will find your stay at one of these hotels top-notch and highly personalized!
1. One in particular has been featured in such places as Condé Nast Traveler – Best hotels in the world 2012. It is here you will rub shoulders with the essence of celebrities and royalty alike as it has catered to such guests as Elvis Presley, Nat “King” Cole, Katharine Hepburn and British royalty. The Rosewood Hotel Georgia spares no expense when it comes to your comfort and even provides chauffeur driven Bentley tours around the city.
Condé Nast Traveler describes the luxurious atmosphere of the Rosewood Georgia as, ‘Quiet and ease in the middle of the city’s bustle. Rooms are plush, with pillow-top mattresses, heated bathroom floors, and rainfall showers. Staff are attentive and gracious but know when to leave you alone. Perks include a soothing saltwater lap pool, a Bentley that will take you on a shopping excursion or a tour of Stanley Park, and a fragrance butler who will come to your room, gratis, with a choice of 11 scents—six for women, four for men, and a unisex one for either. Hawksworth is one of the best restaurants in the city (try the short rib appetizer and the Yarrow Meadows duck breast).’ Download a Rosewood Hotel Georgia brochure here or visit the special offers page. Find directions here.
2. Number two on the hot list is Hotel Soleil. An award winning hotel situated in the heart of the vibrant West Coast metropolis. ‘A unique mixture of stylish sophistication and old world elegance. The luxury suites and lodging accommodations are highlighted with Biedermeier style furniture in rich gold and crimson colors while the full Italian marble bathrooms feature Aveda body care products. The suites are sumptuously appointed with unique artwork, furniture and fabric hand picked from the finest local and European artisans.’ Download a Hotel Soleil brochure here or visit the special offers page. Find directions here.
3. The Shangri -la Hotel Vancouver is an, ‘Asian inspired luxurious sanctuary tucked between mountain and sea. Elegant contemporary interiors open your mind to the reinvented seasonal flavors conjured by Jean-Georges Vongerichten. You’re in for the best by this internationally-acclaimed Michelin three-star chef and entrepreneur.’ Download a Shangri-la Hotel brochure here or visit the special offers page. Find directions here.
4. For contemporary luxury consider the Loden Hotel in all it’s boutique splendor. ‘The Loden is located in Coal Harbour, downtown Vancouver’s most sought after community. Inspired by the area’s dynamic mountains, the contemporary boutique hotel uniquely captures the surrounding environment and fuses it with modern design and cultivated services.’ Click here for directions and a virtual tour. Or visit the special offers page. Download printable directions here.
5. L’Hermitage Hotel Vancouver was reviewed by Air Canada enRoute as a, ‘Chic European pied-à-terre than a hotel in downtown Vancouver. The hotel is pet friendly and offers many ‘special touch amenities’. Pair that with the ‘unique architecture within a West Coast setting, vogue interior design and it makes L’Hermitage downtown Vancouver the essence of the ultimate cosmopolitan getaway. Find directions here or view a picture gallery of room layout here.
Regardless of which hotel you choose to book your stay, your time spent will become memories that give 5-star travel new meaning and remain with you a lifetime.